The official theme for World Duchenne Awareness Day 2022 is ‘Women & Duchenne.’
By creating specific educational materials, the World Duchenne Organization will highlight all the aspects connected with Duchenne and the female world:
- Carriers: genetic and clinical aspects
- Care considerations for female carriers
- Mothers as primary caregivers
- Girls living with Duchenne
- Spouses and girlfriends
- Female family member network of support
- Women in science
- Female international advocacy leaders
On Wednesday, September 7, the World Duchenne Organization will host an online interactive conference where multiple aspects of ‘Women and Duchenne’ will be discussed. In addition, they will be broadcasting interviews and stories of women in relation to Duchenne throughout the world.
The free event will be accessible to everybody via Zoom and is available with live Spanish interpretation. More information about how to join will be published after Summer.
What to do next?
- Share the below press release with your network
- Use the social media images and banners to share your support for World Duchenne Awareness Day
- Stay tuned for more information on what’s happening in Canada shared on our social media @defeatduchenne