May 1 marks the beginning of Defeat Duchenne Month! During the month of May, families, businesses, and schools across Canada raise funds and awareness for Duchenne muscular dystrophy research.
It’s easy to take part in Defeat Duchenne Month! Here are a few fundraising ideas:
- Gather a group of friends, family members, or co-workers and register for the Walk to Defeat Duchenne in London or the Virtual Walk-Run-Roll if you’re outside the Southwestern Ontario area
- Hold a silent auction or bake sale in your office
- Charge a toonie for dress-down day at work or at school
- Hold a garage sale with proceeds to Defeat Duchenne Canada
- Sell Defeat Duchenne Canada wristbands for $2
Thank you for helping fund the most promising research into Duchenne muscular dystrophy.